Finally caught an episode of the second season of Singapore Idol, because it was “Rock the House” night.
Song by song run down (I don’t know the names of the contestants):
- You Give Love A Bad Name: Pretty decent! Good voice and stage presence. I was impressed. Song choice could have been edgier though. Off to a good start.
- I’m A Believer: I was this close to pitching my TV out the window. What the hell was that? Voice was a squeak, stage presence was a joke. And if that’s a bloody rock song, I’m John Petrucci.
- Sweet Child O’ Mine – Wasn’t all bad vocally, zero stage presence.
- Livin’ On A Prayer – Decent voice, but the vocal acrobatics made it excruciating to listen to.
- Some Good Charlotte song I think?: Singing: rubbish. Song choice: blah.
- Wishing I Was There: Mmm…bland is the only word that came to mind.
- Plush: Tried too hard. Aping will only get you so far.
Verdict: I want my hour back.
P.S. That they used The Show Must Go On for the episode preview made me very angry. The song means something to Queen fans, dammit. You wouldn’t like me when I’m angry…