I was just ‘glancing’ through the list of torrents for the day when I came across eztv offering “Jeopardy: IBM Challenge” for download, coincidentally the game was brought up again during the end segment of video podcast ‘The Totally Rad Show”. Naturally, this aroused my interest, so I checked out what exactly is going on… turns out, IBM had invented their latest AI, nicknamed Watson.
Being a non-tech head, I can only explain Watson is really er…smart. Watching it compete against two of Jeopardy’s best players ever totally blows your mind. I’ll give you a spoiler, Watson won.
No, it didn’t just win. It blew away the competition.
You really gotta take your hats off to the folks at IBM for being able to create this…but on the other hand, you kinda wonder when it’s gonna come ‘online ‘ and set the nukes on us. ha!
The wiki entry says that Watson will be used for advancing medical science… but why just limit it to that?
Here’s a few TSC suggestions of our own :
- Let Batman finally have his Batcomputer!
- let it crack the DaVinci Code
- teach George Lucas how to direct movies
- show us the tactics to defeat FC Barcelona
- what women REALLY want from men
- run for our next General Election
- fansub all anime
- tell us if the world really ending in 2012?
- predict the Toto
- explain what does “42” really mean?